I got an email from a prospective patient asking what he could expect as a patient. I’ve seen different versions of Patient Bill Of Rights which often center around your right to choose your own dentist, your right to be seen in a timely manner, etc. But I look at this question more along the lines of “what should a patient expect from a dentist?”.
I posed the question on our Facebook page and got the following replies:
- “A friendly atmosphere and very knowledgeable staff.”
- “A very thorough experience from the best Dentist(s) and staff in the WORLD!”
I think a couple of our loyal patients were just buttering us up to be nice to them at their next visit.
Here’s what I think a patient should expect from a dentist:
- You should expect us to make your dental health our top priority.
- You should expect a very thorough exam when you first come in.
- You should expect an honest evaluation of what is good and bad about your teeth,
gums and surrounding areas.
- You should expect clear explanations of the pros/cons of the different treatment options as well as the costs so that you can make the best decision that is right for you.
- You should expect that when you come in for treatment, we will provide technically excellent treatment as comfortably as we possibly can.
- Oh, and you should expect a friendly atmosphere and very knowledgeable staff and a very thorough experience from the best Dentist(s) and staff in the WORLD!